Support tickets with auto reply often fail

We have a support@… address set up. That is a Google account that just auto forwards to our @sonarticketing.rocks account.

I find that about 40% of the time when I customer emails our support@ address, it creates a ticket but our auto reply goes back to us - not the customer. The customer writes in from his account email address but the ticketing system does not register him as a customer. When we go in a reply back to him, if we are not careful, the email we send back ends up getting sent to our own support@ address. It’s like the ticketing system thinks we were the customer.

It’s pretty frustrating since the customer never gets the auto-reply from us stating we got the email (and to try some support steps like rebooting routers). And when our tech replies, if they simply do a “public reply” and dan’t go in and manually attach the ticket to a customer, the reply never gets to the customer - it comes right back to our own support@ email account.

Does anyone else see this? Is this an issue with us forwarding email from a business Google (gmail) account?

I was working on this today and ran into that type of situation when the “from” email wasn’t from the customer, but rather from the company.

I.E. jim@customerdomain.com sends email to support@companydomain.com and the system generating the email to something@sonarticketing.rocks was configured as.

REPLY-TO: jim@customerdomain.com

It looked correct in SONAR as coming from jim@customerdomain.com but the auto-reply would go to the FROM email and not the REPLY-TO email.

We corrected the FROM portion and that resolved the issue. Not sure that’s your same issue - but worth looking into and confirming that the FROM is actually FROM the customerdomain.