As I write more and more custom applications for our own use, I keep thinking these may be useful for other people as well. I'm wondering if there is any interest in other Sonar customers for an addon service like this. I'd have to charge for it to cover hosting costs and labor, but it would probably end up in the $.25/customer/month range (I'm just tossing out a number I made up here.) All of these services would be hosted by us and there are zero upfront or equipment costs.
So far the services I'm bundling together that we're already using ourselves:
* Slack integration: a slack bot that announces new tickets (and whatever else you want.) Also possible to do 2-way conversations with the bot in the future to ask it about customer's balances, etc if wanted.
* Automatic call logging: Our current implementation is to have our primary number also ring a twilio number, and our app takes care of the rest.
* Automatic router provisioning: Working with ReadyNet routers already, can add more in the future. Once a router inventory item is assigned to a user, it will automatically provision the router with the user's PPPoE settings, and allow you to change any router settings from within the app.
* Radius server for PPPoE/hotspot authentication
Some future features I will be writing soon:
* Full SMS support for customers to access their accounts. Customers will be able to text a number to see their balance, pay their bill, open a ticket, reply to tickets, etc.
* A fully hosted customer portal
* VoIP provider integration
* Many more!
I've been a Sonar customer since the beginning, so these are all us scratching our own itches and thinking it may benefit others. The entire suite of addons would all be a single interface for you and all future additions and improvements would be included. I'm also very open to suggestions on extra features to be added, so I'm sure the list will get bigger over time.
What do you think? Is there enough interest in this for me to make it?