In case anyone else also misses the calendar layout from v1

Fairly early on after we switched from v1 to v2, there were a couple of pages that really just stuck out to me as a less than ideal use of screen real estate, so I endeavored to use some custom user.css to hack my way towards a subjectively improved layout for specifically the Dispatcher Schedule View in our v2 instance, and here is what I’ve come up with.

I use a 1440p monitor, and we have just four schedules we actively manage via Sonar, so this was my view before any CSS shenanigans:

And then, the same page, but viewed with the CSS changes I came up with, obviously directly inspired by the v1 layout:

I believe I have all of the various potential issues solved in terms of making sure all of the same info is visible, but this is definitely a hacked together solution, so be aware there might be little bits of info I have missed. Personally I use an open source Chrome extension called Stylus to apply my custom user.css, but there’s a plethora of options out there as far as extensions that can apply custom CSS if Stylus doesn’t fit your use case, and if you’d like to check out the CSS I cobbled together to get this working, you can find it here at my github repo.

Personally, I would love to see these kinds of little layout tweaks integrated somewhat natively into Sonar, but in the meantime, hopefully this info is helpful to anybody out there who misses some aspects of how v1 organized things, as I do.

4 Likes

I really like this Dan. I’ll ask the UI team to look at this for future improvements.

1 Like